Saturday, March 14, 2009

For the Guys & Chicago News


This is a simple little retro card to say thanks to my brother. If I have not said it before, I love the Big Shot!!!
On another note, I heard some bad news today- US Cellular Field, home of the Chicago White Sox, will no longer be selling the best hot dogs ever, BEST KOSHER. Now, I don't know all the details of the "deal" that made this change, but as a White Sox fan who must have a Best Kosher at every game, I am somewhat miffed as to why the big guys did not give me advance warning of this change - like maybe last year so I could have had one last ceremonial Best Kosher topped with mustard & ketchup (I am from the South, we eat ketchup on hotdogs. Per hubby, this is a mortal sin, but I am taking my chances). Just for the record, Best Kosher will be replaced by Vienna Beef. See Sun Times article : http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/food/1475076,CST-NWS-hotdog13.article
Lastly, the iconic Chicago Sears Tower is getting a name change. Some European investment firm has received the naming rights. New name: Willis Tower. "Now, come on, watchu' talkin' about Willis" has become the most overused saying here in the City since this annoucement took place yesterday. I am not sure Chicagoans are going to adjust to this anytime soon. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment